Sunday, September 29, 2013

... Joy is for Judy!

It's Sunday. 
Possibly the most beautiful Sunday in Alabama since we got here. A little chilly at 7:30 in the morning when I took the boys out to potty and I enjoyed my coffee on the deck while the entire city was silent except for a few birds chattering nearby. 
Perfection. 
I made a little jaunt to Target for lotion and Qtips, and had no idea the morning could get better. Apparently I've been living under a rock and Target's Phillip Lim Designer Collection is available  RIGHT NOW! How did I miss this? It was prominently displayed right inside the door... and I'm sure I heard someone blow a kazoo and that's when I imagined confetti falling from the ceiling. Hooray!! Designer clothing at Target prices! I cried a little, gave a short speech, hugged a Target team member. I'm sure I blacked out from the excitement because when I came to in my car I found a gorgeous Phillip Lim sweater and dress in my shopping bag.
Doh! 
 I love you. No, I love yoooou.
Oh I can't decide, I love you both.
Anyhow. I was on a real high... caffeine AND and retail bargain therapy. I got home, blathered like a lunatic to my husband about my awesome morning, all while staring at my fridge's fruit drawer wondered why 2 people have this much fruit.  I mean, I'm having a winning day... what could make it better? 
And do you know what I thought when I saw that fruit?



Naturally. 
That's hodge podge sangria waiting to happen!
Let's celebrate our good fortune and embrace Sunday Funday!
So I got to work.  Two by two I added apples, pears, limes.  Oh Noah, you always had it right.
Left: A Tempranillo/Rioja/heeeeey a bottle o' red wine!
Right: Cinnamon and Sugar.  Absolutely not Pal-aeho.  
So I tasted it. A few times.  I mean wow, that's nice. But I went way heavy on the fruit. This isn't a fruit salad, this is sangria. And I knew then just what I had do:
Addddd another bottle of wine!  Look at how little was in that pitcher.
Shameful.
<Booooo. Hisssssss>
What kind of wine did I add?
Whatever that is. It tasted like grapes, those are Pal-aeho for sure.
Now... mix that shit up (MTSU!). 
In the meanwhile, I think my enthusiasm was overwhelming and became contagious. Husband peeled himself from the couch and got busy making hodge podge chili with ground turkey, black beans, peppers, onions, and tomato sauce.
 Again, Cavender's... amazing on everything.
He's a flurry of slotted spooning over there, crockpotting the hell out of that meat.
Making double ovenmitting the new black.

Anyhow, In a few short hours after my sangria's chilled I'll be ha-

... nope, I'm having one now.  Just to ensure the quality, flavor... tannins?... and whatnot. 
Often, the best experiences in my life are unexpected small joys.. and today totally hits the mark.
Wishing you moments of ridiculous delight however they may reach you!

-fruited wine for my face,
Judy

** update: moments ago life got even better. I received this text, "Kicked booty at world market, big red wine sale, got your sport peppers and some pancake/waffle mix."
... And all is right with the world...**

No comments: