Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Get Lost, Cheat Days!

I had a Cheat Day.
Ok ok, That's a bold-faced lie. I NEVER have a Cheat Day.... that's right I crushed a solid week, ladies and gentlemen don't bring that one day weak sauce over here. I was breaking down so often recently I couldn't even sell myself the idea of trying for a single day... let alone a Cheat Meal. 
Look at my cheeks on Cheat Days.
I've eaten so much I can't even close mah mouf.
My arms have disappeared into my bellies. All three of them.
 A few weeks ago I was still engaging in a common "fitness" past time known as Cheat Days (i.e. eating super tasty forbidden items or in my case binging 1-2 days a week after keeping a perfect, healthful diet together for the previous 5 days)...it got real ugly. I woke up early for one and reenacted Supermarket Sweep (in case you forgot about the best show on TV in the 90's) for my belly.
 *Guys. I know you didn't click that link. 
That shit's so awesome... do it.

 Anyhow, I hauled down serious atrocities at a record pace.
What did you think of?
I did that, twice. With mayonnaise.
With all the Paleo/Gluten-Free/no dessert restrictions I had set up for myself, Cheat Days were consistently turning into a gastrointestinal house of horrors.

Maybe you saw Dear Diary? That was one. I was shoving my face full of awesome followed by 12- 24 hours in a diabetic coma or worse... setting up shop in the John. Yeah, I said it. And I'm also disgusted,  I'm not proud to report it. Quite honestly I had to abandon the set in stone dietary restrictions in favor of an entirely new fad sweeping the nation. Or that should sweep the nation. It's called Friggin' Moderation! ... and oh yeah this new age mumbo jumbo is really working for me. I live and breathe to go to dinners, and I enjoy the drink(sss) so I made a command decision to allow myself daily treats. 

And wouldn't you know it? I felt SO much better, right away.  Now, every day includes a little wine/vodka soda <sis boom bahhh>, cheesessss, even a cookie for gods sake... and I don't get bent out of shape. Since I've added some of my favorites back in the playlist guilt-free... I even fit in my clothes a little nicer (yeah boi).  How is that possible? Because I don't lust after 3 blocks of cheese and 1/2 a dozen cookies in one sitting now. As it's not a limited time offer to have a little delicious excitement I can slow my roll! Most importantly, I still feel great I'm making magic happen in the gym (hey, butterfly pull-ups are magical for me!) and hitting that pavement hard.  And since the gains are consistent, I'm keeping my snacks. 


-Boom Boom Boom, this drink makes me say way ohhhhhh!
-Judy

No comments: