Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Welcome home, Judy!

Woah, it's been a Roller Coaster of a past week! I had the grand opportunity to go back to my old stomping grounds for a few days and fit in as many visits with friends, workouts, and delicious sushi meals as possible. While I never get to see everyone, no matter how long I have, I feel like the shotgun approach was still a success and I had a BLAST. Pun always intended. While I'd prefer not to give you the ridiculously long/painful story of my first ER visit, and tale of self imposed temporary blindness... that happened this past Saturday on my way back home to Alabama. And I spent my first overnight in my new state being treated for a strange, severe reaction.
I didn't do this. Don't lie, it's exactly what you thought.
Technically I am not supposed to have my contacts in at all due to irritation and light sensitivity, but I see the MD tomorrow and fingers crossed my vision isn't compromised and I can get LASIK surgery ASAP. And, hello?? How would I WOD without contacts??! Yesterday required Chest to Bar pull-ups and without contacts that would have been Head to Bar... and yet another ER visit in 48 hours. With the way I kick around to get up there it'd have been a crime scene!

Of course, (ahh haha, OF COURSE!) one day after returning to the muggiest place on earth (that is surprisingly not centrally located in a jungle), our air condition blew out. I bet your wondering, what other units were affected? Excellent question! None. Just us. It's that good. It took me 20 minutes to roll/peel myself off the faux leather couch this AM. Piece of shit. This is how we announced to our neighbors what's going on:

Several things you may notice in this poorly executed picture. 1) Cheap PostIt stating, "Apologies! AC is BROKEN! Fixed tomorrow!" 2) That's a god damn lie, and overly optimistic. Our unit manager has not gotten back to us yet and the surface of the sun is upon us at high noon. 3) The front door is obviously completely "blocked" with a small chair that any animal with 3 brain cells could negotiate around, easily. 50 pounds of Hank is paralyzed and can't get around it. He's a rocket scientist. 4) See his little creeper face around the corner blocking the big fan with his face? Fur flowing in the cool wind? He's hogging the only air circulation we have. The heat could drive me to do unspeakable things to him if he weren't so cute and completely oblivious....

I've resigned today to the categories of Too Damn Hot To Work Out, and I'm Drinking Very Early. 
The rest of this week needs to get it together. I'm worried I'm going to end up like the "It's Too Damn Hot" lady whose San Francisco video blog went viral last week. She's making too much sense....

Peace out
-A pretty cranky, swarthy little Judy

4:30PM Update:
Bad news: It's raining and our handyman fears a little lightening. Pansy. So no AC until tomorrow AM. Seriously.
Good News: Buck up little campers, new neighbor Chris felt our pain/saw our ghetto PostIts (there are more now, I got bored and descriptive), and gifted us his fancy little fan. Solution? See below:
That fan and this vodka slushie. Liquid dinner, you're my best friend.

1 comment:

J is for Judy said...

I can't believe it either. It's hot as balls in here. I left for a couple hours for a class and I'm praying for the handyman to fix it before bedtime. It might be lightening out, and I don't care if he's so much as holding a metal rod out there.... get it done, man!