Thursday, August 22, 2013

I bet this sauce is even good in your hair

I love wings. I can tank a million. Ok, that's a lie, but close for sure. Plus, I had seen fit coaches and friends blog about adding buffalo sauce to just about everything. Legitimately every meal. And I thought, these people need to branch out...until I found this at the fancy grocery store and sampled it:
This walking, talking miracle in a bottle.
I want to snuggle it and name it Terry. Oh Terry.....
 Bada Boom Bada Bing. I have an impromptu recipe for tonight. I just found what we have in stock here and decided buffalo sauce could cure any combo of things I put together, should I mortally f' up what's happening. So. Check out all the ingredients:

 1/2 a roasted spaghetti squash in the over for 45 minutes
( I bought the mutant big 'un), a sliced red bell pepper,
 1/2 an onion, a head of bok choy.... and 1/2 a bottle of the sacrament (sauce).
I know, I said it was too easy. In fact, it was so easy I had time during the roasting of squash and cooking to go all DIY on a t-shirt I got from Amazon that sucked in form and size and redesign it for the Dragon Boat Race I'm competing in this weekend.

I know. It's certain I'll be kicked off the team, but I love it.
The bottom is also unevenly frayed you just can't see.

Back to the meal.
Spaghetti squash is involved, so remember this one thing. While this sounds like dating advice, it's really just about handling the squash. You've gotta fork it before you spoon it. I'm serious. 
It's self explanatory, right? You're not doing it right if you don't fork it first.
The more I think about this, it's the best dating advice I could imagine. Why would you spoon before you fork? It's not going to get you anywhere. This squash or otherwise.... No I'm totally writing a book about dating now.

I've had too many drinks, let's keep moving. And yep, your pretty much home free from here because you're left with this:

A lot of raw goods.
All you need for your veggies is Cavender's Greek seasoning to set your tastebuds on fire... my husband says it's chocked full of MSG but whatever, it's wildly delicious and just call me Cybil. Totally worth it. 

Cook that chicken on the stovetop. You're a smart cookie, until it looks cooked and such.
 Then... last but not least.

Top: Look at that squash in with the sauteed veggies and cooked chicken! Holy Moses!
Bottom Left: HEY! ADD MORE SAUCE.
Bottom Right: REALLY TIP IT! ADD SO MUCH MORE SAUCE!

I can't emphasize the need for more sauce, it's really that wonderful. I used 1/2 the bottle on the recipe, and it made a giant volume of food that was boom-boom-boom,-let-me-hear-you-say-way-ohhhhhhhh, good.
Puts a bad 90's song in your heart, doesn't it?

Alright, I need to sleep. I hope you love it as much as we did!

- Judy





No comments: